There are a few ways to get involved with our foundation, through membership, as a volunteer, attending our workshops and conference or supporting us by increasing Autism Awareness with our Under the Umbrella campaign.
For more information on our events, visit our website. However don’t forget to take up our challenge by purchasing one of our Social Tree Umbrellas for Autism.
Want more help?
Click here to join our team and host your own Social Tree Umbrella event. Here’s the official Social Tree Challenge poster.
With your help we will not only be raising Autism Awareness, but also changing families’ lives. Come on Canada! Dance in the Rain for Autism Awareness Month!
JOIN THE TEAM & SUPPORT OUR FAMILIES AND CENTER
The support from enthusiastic individuals and community partners like you is key to Changing Family Lives. Community fundraising events allow you to join our team to ensure families get the information and support they need.
HOW CAN YOU HOST AN EVENT?
One way you can help Change Family Lives is by hosting an event for The Social Tree Foundation. This kind of activity is called an “independent fundraising event”. We have some wonderful tools to help you.
Events can be as simple or elaborate as you choose to make them and can range from garage sales and art shows to golf tournaments and car washes.
Here are a few additional ideas for fundraising events:
- Golf Tournaments, Concerts, Road Rallies, etc.
- Marathons, Dances, etc.
- Wine Tastings, Black-Tie Events, etc.
- Auctions, Grand Openings, Store Promotions, etc.
- Car Washes, Craft Shows, Bake Sales, etc.
- Casual Days, Holiday Parties, etc.
- Bike-a-thon, Walk-a-thon, Bowl-a-thon, Dance-a-thon, etc.
Once you have decided on an event that you’d like to host, please let us know your plans. We do require you to send your Event Proposal. Your proposal should have the following pertinent information included for acceptance;
- Your contact information
- Event information (name, location and detailed description)
- Financial Information (anticipated income, sources of income, sponsors (if any), anticipated expenses)
- Explanation of anticipated support from The Social Tree Foundation
- Marketing/ publicity information (advertising materials and methods)
- A clause agreeing to the terms and conditions outlined below
The Social Tree Foundation’s Event Proposal Terms and Conditions
The Social Tree has a set of guidelines that we ask all individuals and organizations to follow when fundraising on our behalf:
- The Social Tree Foundation’s name and/or logo cannot be used to promote a fundraising event without prior approval. All approved fundraising events should submit copies of printed materials, including the Social Tree logo/name prior to printing.
- The Social Tree Foundation asks that you do not organize a fundraising event that includes lotteries, gambling, raffles or drawings without first discussing it with us. These types of sources of income have to be mentioned and included in the proposal for acceptance. Any fundraiser that requires any type of license should first be discussed with and approved by The Social Tree Foundation.
- Keep accurate accounts of your event. The Social Tree Foundation will not be responsible for any expenses sustained for a fundraising event.
- The fundraising event activity should be one that does not conflict with the mission statement of The Social Tree Foundation (if unclear, contact us).
- Your fundraising event should not conflict with an existing Social Tree fundraising event.
- All funds and financial accounting must be submitted to The Social Tree Foundation no later than 30 days after the occurrence of an event.
- Please feel free to contact us with any additional questions you may have as you plan your event.
** Please not that you can email or mail your proposal to The Social Tree Foundation. Please address your proposal to Teresa Izzo our Events Coordinator.
Once your proposal is approved, we will send you a confirmation email with the following enclosed documents;
- A guide on how to plan your own event
- Tax Refund information guidelines
- Media guidelines
We can’t wait for you to join our team to Change Family lives. We look forward to receiving your completed Event Proposal and we will be sure to get back to you as soon as possible.
If you have any questions about anything, please feel free to contact us.
The Social Tree Foundation respects the privacy of its donors; we do not sell, rent, or trade our donor lists. The information we collect is used to process donations and provide our information on activities and news through The Social Tree newsletters, Facebook and Twitter.
Please contact us today to get started!
By e-mail: email@example.com
By Fax: (514) 439-2833
By Mail: 6894 Somerled Montreal, Qc H4V 1V1